Click here to go back to the main digital marketing resources page.
Tips to Rank Higher on All Devices
A SEO strategy is not a set it and forget it approach and each business must have a customized and a strong SEO strategy will help achieve results.
- Website Load Time. Speed up loading times as much as possible. Google expects pages to load in just a few seconds or less (and this is an official ranking signal).
- Does your your page content use relevant keywords. If you’re in a highly competitive market, you can always expand your keyword lists to include long-tail keywords. The will drive less traffic, but it will be more qualified traffic. Consider voice search too!
- Use keywords in the title tags with intent-based keywords. This keywords in the title tag should reflect the theme of the web page.
- Build quality links. Backlinks continue to be one of the strongest indications of authority to Google, but not just any links. Google looks for relevant links to your site. Also make sure pages have internal links for usability and Google to crawl your website.
- Develop content for each customer journey stage and local search. While the funnel will vary a bit based on the customer persona, market segments, etc. all funnels are around three basic stages:
- The "awareness" stage, where people looking for inspiration, answers, resources, education, research opinions, and insights of things to do.
- The "interest" stage, where people are doing heavy research on whether or not your hotel is a good fit for them. They will begin to look at reviews during this stage.
- The "consideration" stage, where people are figuring out exactly what it would take to become a customer and they will be comparing rates and more reviews of your hotel.
- The "conversion" stage this is where you have the opportunity for life-time customer value.
- Content should also include local search intent. For example, you should build out your contact is page to reflect local local searches often include city modifiers and terms like “hotel near me”. While the physical location of the searcher helps determines the results on the three pack you have the opportunity to achieve better rankings.
- Ensure your name, address phone (NAP) is listed and accurate on the local directories. When the information on your business is consistent and optimized Google sees the business as trustworthy and you have the opportunity to rank better.
- Be sure to optimize your Google My Business (GMB) page listing. GMB pages are directly tied to the appearance and position in a local search query and the local three pack. As we ha mentioned, reviews will help to ensure your business is listed,
- Using code mark-up improves rankings. Schema allows you to add text, images, star ratings, number of reviews, links etc. below the individual search results. This helps the engines crawl, index and rank a site’s content.